I can use the HSQL Driver from Java Code and I can use connections in the IDE made with previous releases of Netbeans but I cannot create a new connection.  Even using an existing connection and changing the file location, both the Test Connection and the Next Button produce a red-letter message that the connection failed.

I have connections to a local Oracle server, and a cloud-based MSSQLServer instance, but trying to connect to a local file-based db fails. Has anyone else experienced this difficulty?

Don