Apologies for going back to this thread, but my Gmail is not grouping this
conversation very well.

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 7:37 AM Raymond, Craig A (US) <
craig.raym...@baesystems.com> wrote:

> I’ve download 11.2 (zip file) and during startup it attempts to download
> specific files, for example:
>

> https://hg.netbeans.org/binaries/344C8C2A8B421A52ABE725A677BF75659C17FEB6-nb-javac-13-impl.jar
>

> It fails to connect on the Linux box I am working on, and Firefox on that
> box states the web site has security issues.  I can download from my
> Windows machine successfully.
>

> Craig Raymond

 Based on the other replies in this thread, you want to run NetBeans 11.2
on RHEL but it won't download the nb-javac-13-impl.jar - is that the basic
issue?

You can compare the the cacerts files on each machine and determine if
something is different by running the keytool command.

On debian 9.11 stretch linux, with the default openjdk version "1.8.0_232"
installed via apt:
keytool -list -v -keystore /etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts

That command will ask you for the keystore password.  The default password
is: changeit, but if your system admins "have" changed it, you might as
well just have them install the cert.

It seems like you should have this cert
already:  digicert_global_root_g2.pem

BTW, Debian Linux 4.9.0-11-amd64 x86_64 with jdk-11.0.1 will
launch NetBeans 11.2 and I was able to add the " *The nb-javac Java editing
support library* [2.0]" without any issues.  I did have to switch Look &
Feel to Nimbus because the GTK+ has the "Project, Files and Services tabs"
all chopped off except the very tops.