Further testing...

As it was easy enough, I modified the shell script in "bin" and took out the
extra "../" from the line discussed below, and removed the -J-Xdock:icon tag
from the default_options property in myapp.conf.  The dock icon behaves as
expected.  So, I guess the question is whether the shell script line is wrong,
or whether the NetBeans code that builds the Mac Installer is storing the icon
in the wrong place. A Mac OS expert will have to answer that.

Getting the dock icon set properly also has an interesting effect on the Aqua
LAF (NetBeans default for Mac OS).  In the DialogDisplayer/NotifyDescriptor
dialog boxes, the branding icon is shown, where in the other LAFs, the
question, info, etc. icons are shown.  Previous to getting the dock icon set
properly, the generic java icon was shown in those dialog boxes for the Aqua
LAF.

Another question would be why the Aqua LAF uses the branding icon in the
DialogDisplayer/NotfifyDescriptor dialog boxes instead of the question, info
etc. icons that are used in the other LAFs.  Is this something prescribed by
Mac OS?

Thank You!

Joe Huber
Standard Refrigeration LLC