I realized that the JDK 11 online API is also not read correctly. In my
case this was also showing that no javadoc was found, until I did a small
hack.

So we can add it to the problem. Meanwhile I can share the hack I did to
get some of the Javadoc working.

Under Platforms, for JDK 11 the Javadoc source was set as
https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/11/docs/api/
I added https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/11/docs/api/java.base to the
top of the list. And at least in the pop-up documentation it is working for
me. Interestingly it is also working for other modules apart from
java.base.
I am not sure how exactly this works, and I am unable to find further
details easily.