I don’t know if this is a Maven, Netbeans, or Java problem….
My .m2 folder was deleted, so I need to rebuild everything and import the
necessary packages into the .m2 folder.

I have several applications using org.springframework.utl…

I get an error:
Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile (default-compile) on
project approvalsetupent: Compilation failure
edu/uiuc/fs/approvalsetup/business/ApprovalSetupBean.java:[941,40] cannot find
symbol
  symbol:   method trimArrayElements(java.lang.String[])
  location: class org.springframework.util.StringUtils

-> [Help 1]

To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the
following articles:
[Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

Using Netbeans 11.2, Maven 3.6.2, java version 1.7.0_242 (yes, old version of
Java, needed to support an old purchased package)

Pom Contains (Spring version if 3.0.1 RELEASE):
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
            <artifactId>spring-core</artifactId>
            <version>${spring.version}</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
            <artifactId>spring-orm</artifactId>
            <version>${spring.version}</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
            <artifactId>spring-jdbc</artifactId>
            <version>${spring.version}</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
            <artifactId>spring-context</artifactId>
            <version>${spring.version}</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
            <artifactId>spring-web</artifactId>
            <version>${spring.version}</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

Looking at the .m2 folder, the classes are being pulled in.

I used winzip to open the “spring-core-3.0.1-RELEASE.jar”
                Found class “StringUtils”
                De-compiled and found the method trimArrayElements(String)
But I getting the red line unter trimArrayElements
        if (FSHelper.isValid(approvedStr)) {
            String[] approvedArray =
StringUtils.commaDelimitedListToStringArray(approvedStr);
            approvedArray = StringUtils.trimArrayElements(approvedArray);
                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
//            approvedArray = trimArrayElements(approvedArray);
            for (String approvedRule : approvedArray) {
                String[] split = approvedRule.split("::");
                approvalGroup = split[0];

Also, getting other errors in another project

    method
org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.queryForInt(java.lang.String,java.lang.Object[])
 is not applicable
      (actual argument java.lang.String cannot be converted to
java.lang.Object[] by method invocation conversion)
    method
org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.queryForInt(java.lang.String,java.lang.Object[],int[])
 is not applicable
      (actual and formal argument lists differ in length)
    method
org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.queryForInt(java.lang.String) is not
applicable
      (actual and formal argument lists differ in length)
[INFO] 2 errors

All of these are using org.springframework…..

Does anyone have any idea on where to go from here???

Thanks for any help in advance,
Steven M Nelligan
APPLICATION DEVELOPER

Facilities and Services
Information Technology Services
Facilities and Services
1501 S. Oak Street | M/C 800
Champaign, IL 61820
217.244.8097 | other: 217.244.8097 |
snell...@illinois.edu<mailto:snell...@illinois.edu>
www.fs.illinois.edu<http://www.fs.illinois.edu/>

[facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/UniversityOfIllinoisFacilitiesServices>
[twitter] <https://twitter.com/UofIFS>     [instagram]
<https://www.instagram.com/uofifs/>     [youtube]
<https://www.youtube.com/user/UofIFS>

[https://webtools.illinois.edu/webservices/js/ds/signature_logo.png]<http://illinois.edu/>

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act any written communication to or
from university employees regarding university business is a public record and
may be subject to public disclosure.