A bit of a strange request because we have a unique situation.  Trying to move
files upto and S3 bucket and the pipeline I’ve create works fine ending in
PutS3Object and the files show up in the bucket.  Moving to our production
environment, we’ll be behind a gateway that we’ll need to do a mutual client /
server SSL authentication.  Example:

https://www.naschenweng.info/2018/02/01/java-mutual-ssl-authentication-2-way-ssl-authentication/

The test code works fine against a test server with test certs and keys.

Now the question – there is no “SSL mutual authentication” option in
PutS3Object processor.  Can I create a mutually authenticated SSL session and
pass that context to the PutS3Object (doesn’t seem so) or some other approach?
Currently, I’m thinking my only path is to write a new PutS3Object-MA (where MA
= mutual authentication) and provides properties in configure for the cert and
key file and creates the appropriate SSL context for the underlying HTTPS
connection.  I’m thinking that’s no small feat for a novice Java programmer?

Cheers,

Michael J. Vincent
Lead Network Systems Engineer | The MITRE Corporation | Network Technology &
Security (T864) | +1 (781) 271-8381