Hi list,

my work on a GeoEditor is nearly completely done.

Features:

   * using Openlayers for geometric operations, only joining and
     splitting is done by a JTS-Java-Backend
   * using WFS-T with a GeoServer(Shapefile as backend) for storing the
     changes
   * using SLD and handmade Java-BackEnd for storing LayerStyles
   * using dojo for editing styles.

Restrictions:

   * only german front-end

Proof-of-concept:

   * https://143.93.78.98/geoEditor2/editor.html, use "demo" and no
     password for login

Thx Carsten

Dipl. Inf. Carsten Eider schrieb:
Hi folks,

i am working on a small geo-editor for an agricultural project in rhine-palatinat/germany, visit http://www.agroconnect.de for more information.
Upto now my editor has the following features:

    * new polygon, plain OL
    * edit polgon, plain OL
    * delete polygon, plain OL
    * union polygon, OL with a javaserver in the backend

Coming feaures:

    * split polygon into 2 elements, OL with server backend
    * group polygons

At the moment i am hanging a bit with the split-feature.
My idea is

   1. select polygon
   2. select first point/vertix as starting point
   3. select second point as ending point
   4. do split
   5. remove polygon and add the new ones

Step 4 will be done on serverside,but could also be done on clientside.

Any ideas how to realize steps 1-3. Should i use several controls (Select and Modify) or
should i subclass Control.ModifyFeature ?

Any hints will be appreciated.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours faithfully
Carsten Eider

Dipl. Inf. (FH)

Kompetenzzentrum für Innovative Informationssysteme

c/o Fachhochschhule Bingen / University of applied sciences Bingen

Berlinstraße 109
55411 Bingen

Tel: +49 (0) 6721 / 409-179
Fax: +49 (0) 6721 / 409-158
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet: iis.fh-bingen.de _______________________________________________

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours faithfully
Carsten Eider

Dipl. Inf. (FH)

Kompetenzzentrum für Innovative Informationssysteme

c/o Fachhochschhule Bingen / University of applied sciences Bingen

Berlinstraße 109
55411 Bingen

Tel: +49 (0) 6721 / 409-179
Fax: +49 (0) 6721 / 409-158
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet: iis.fh-bingen.de
begin:vcard
fn:Carsten Eider
n:Eider;Carsten
org:Fachhochschule Bingen;Kompetenzzentrum innovative Informationssysteme
adr;quoted-printable:;;berlinstra=C3=9Fe 109;Bingen;RLP;55411;Deutschland
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Dipl.-Inf.
tel;work:067214090179
x-mozilla-html:TRUE