On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 15:40 +0000, Jennifer Saussez wrote:
> I use formulas, pivot tables, filters, validation, etc. in Microsoft
>  Excel.  Can you tell me whether openoffice.org 2.0 has these features?
>  Are the three available softwares (word processing, drawing and
>  calculating) very similar to the corresponding Microsoft Word,
>  PowerPoint and Excel?  Thanks for your help -

Hi Jennifer,

Yes, these are all available in Calc within OpenOffice.org.

Formulae: These are very similar to the Excel formulae. You can see
  a list of available formulae by using Insert -> Function List

Pivot Tables: These are called DataPilot in Calc. They work almost
  identically, particularly since 2.0 beta, and can be accessed
  from Data -> DataPilot -> Start

Filters: There are three lots of filters within Calc. There is the
  autofilter and standard filter which are similar to Excel. There
  is also the Advanced filter which works differently to Excel.
  The filters are all in Data -> Filter

  input values. If you mean validity of formulae, then you may want
  to look at Tools -> Detective.

Regards
Jonathon
--