Sorry to be a party pooper, but are you sure you want calc to be used
for a memebership database. Since you've put 'database' in the
request, how about using a database to handle this.

When you say modest, what size are you talking about?  There are some
_very_ good opensource database packages out there...

I can assist if you wish.

Paul