James Tappin wrote:
This is probably more a curiosity than anything, but it might ring a
bell with someone.

I was running OO 1.1.3 on Debian PPC (iBook), and it so happened that
the system clock was way off (giving a date of Jan 1904) probably as a
result of PRAM corruption during an OSX upgrade plus failing to get a
network connection. While this state presisted, OO failed to refresh the
screen properly and was effectively unusable. On correcting the clock
normal service was resumed.

James

Very odd indeed. OOC, I think you should file an issue and see what the developers have to say.

Borrowed from G. Roderick Singleton:
The best way to have problems such as this evaluated is to file an
issue. If you haven't already registered, do the following:

Go to <www.openoffice.org> click the Register link at the top right of
of the page. Fill in your information and reply to the confirmation
email that will be sent to the address you provided. Once you have
confirmed, go to <www.openoffice.org> again and click on the "Bugs &
Issues" link in the General links box.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is important that you file
the issue to ensure reproducibility with your examples.

--
Peter Kupfer -- Using OOo since 'OO4 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Want to help? http://www.oooauthors.org