Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
I installed RC1 on FC9, and I do not appear to have en_US available for spell check...

I did a test. First, I looked in /opt/openoffice.org3/share/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/za2jX9_/dict-en.oxt for files containing en_US. I found two files

th_en_US_v2.dat
th_en_US_v2.idx

Next, I looked at a dev build in /opt/ooo-dev3/share/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/Bo3dC6_/dict-en.oxt. I found a few more files.

en_US.aff
en_US.dic
README_en_US.txt
th_en_US_v2.dat
th_en_US_v2.idx

If I copy the missing files, then everything works. The file description.xml differed. I looked at the differences and noticed:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] opt]# diff ./openoffice.org3/.../description.xml ./ooo-dev3/.../description.xml
4c4
<     <identifier value="org.openoffice.en.hunspell.dictionaries" />
---
>     <identifier value="org.openoffice.en.hunspell.dictionary" />
6c6
< <name lang="en">English spelling and hyphenation dictionaries and thesaurus</name>
---
> <name lang="en">Spelling and hyphenation dictionary for English</name>

Interesting. Now that I think about it, during the install using "rpm -i *.rpm", it stated that hunspell was already installed, but it did not generate an error.

Copying the missing files caused things to work.

To Mr. Pitonyak: Maybe the final release will have it all fixed, hopefully! :-)

--
John Boyle