Peter Barker wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:13:09 am Jeremy Mawson wrote:
Hi

I have a problem with an existing spreadsheet in calc and I think it has
been corrupted.

One sheet in particular finishes at row 96. There's a thick black line
to indicate that all rows after this have been compressed to a height of
zero.

If I use the mouse to make the row higher (by dragging down), it only
serves to make row 96 bigger. If I drag upwards I can collapse rows 96,
95, 94 etc into the black hole of missing rows. If I then select all and
choose format|row height = 0.5cm rows 1-96 reappear, but rows 97+ are
still missing.

Here's where it gets pretty weird. If I select all|copy and paste into a
new sheet, rows 97+ appear. They are empty, which I think is correct.
But the selection B:105 to D:65536 has a black background. Another
selection has a red border. This selection keeps changing unpredictably
as I move focus.

If I move the currently selected cell with cursor keys, the current cell
will become either D:65535 (if I pressed up), D:65536 (if down), C:65536
(if left) or E:65536 (if right). This is regardless of where the cursor
was before.

Has anyone seen this kind of thing before?

Jeremy

This can indicate part of the sheet has been frozen - this is often used so you can see headers as you scroll down the sheet.
Make sure Freeze and Split are not ticked on the Window menu.

Peter
ADDITIONALLY, You can select the entire sheet by clicking in the empty square above the row numbers and left of the column letters, and then FORMAT => ROWS => OPTIMAL HEIGHT and further you can do the same for the comumns if you want to.

Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA