On Thursday 26 May 2005 01:33 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> a nice feature in calc would be to click on the cell
> background coloring icon and have it color the cell
> with the current default color as depicted by the
> icon.  i have to repeatedly go to the pallette and
> pick my color - over and over and over...  even if it
> is the same color.
>
> maybe this functionality exists and i don't know it.
> if so, please advise.
>
> tia...

     You do this with styles. In a spreadsheet, use the F11 key to open
the Stylus (version 1.1.x) or  Styles and Formating (2.0 betas).
1) Right click of "Default" and select "New".
2) Name the new cell style. (Suggestion: use the name of the background
color you want.)
3) Click on the Background Tab.
4) Click the background color you want. Click OK.
5) Leave the Stylus (Styles and Formating) open.
6) Click in the cell in which you want to change the background color to
select it.
7) Double click on the style you just created. Voila!

Dan