touzidailiren wrote:

> ÔÚ2008-11-20£¬"Robin Laing" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> дµÀ£º
>>Copy to OP.
>>
>>touzidailiren wrote:
>>> Openoffice, English: The software you use good! But in the editing
>>> software, all of a sudden power outage occurred, you can not open the
>>> file on the. The power failure happened to be the moment your
>>> software automatically save the process, this process has not yet
>>> been completed, all of a sudden power failure. After you open the
>>> document, there have been prompted "a general error, the conventional
>>> input / output error" Today, open the file, the error prompted "This
>>> is not a document world97" When a file and do not respond as
>>> openoffice, restart openoffice, open the box from time to time to
>>> repair tips. Yesterday, however, did not restart the computer after
>>> the power failure, prompted repair box does not appear. I would like
>>> to ask a core question is:
>>
>>1, damage to the power of the document,
>>> the data can not be recovered?
>>
>>Power failures are a major headache for any electronic system.  It makes
>>no difference if you are using Linux, Windows or Mac, you have a
>>problem.  To make matters worse, a power failure during a disk write
>>operation can destroy not only the file that is being written but also
>>the file allocation table.
>>
>>2, the last auto-save (auto-save every
>>> 2 minutes) data will not be damaged in the power of the documents
>>> found?
>>
>>If the autosave is set up to make a backup copy.  If you are overwriting
>>the original file, then you can lose the file.
>>
>>In the Tools > Options > Load/Save > you can check the "Always create
>>backup copy" to ensure you have at least an old copy.  This takes more
>>time, depending on the file size.
>>
>>3, is automatically saved, but it has not been preserved,
>>> there is a failure, on the extent of the damage to the document? How
>>> do I amend the document and retrieve data Doc?
>>
>>This is a hard question to answer without knowing what Operating system
>>you are using.
>>
>>The first thing I do is not use the hard drive if possible and then run
>>a recovery program to look for my data.  Most modern operating systems
>>will create a new file when writing to the disk instead of over writing
>>the old file.  It will then mark the old file as deleted.  All you have
>>to do is find where that old file is.
>>
>>If you have been saving the files as Microsoft Word documents, you may
>>have more of a problem from my experience.  At least Open Document
>>Format files are easy to work with and pull data out of.

Robin Laing,
yes.you are right!
my sistem is windows Vista and use Openoffice edit my Microsoft Word documents (.doc).
so,I have questions
1,use the openoffice when the file autosaved.you said:
"Most modern operating systems will create a new file when writing to the disk instead of over writing the old file. It will then mark the old file as deleted. " yes it is evry good way. The openoffice 3.0 is this modern operating systens? or windows vista system will do it? if it do,where the file? think you!

OpenOffice.org is not an operating system. Vista is the operating system. Note, there is a bug in the autosave of OOo 3.0 but I don't know the details.

The way that the Operating system saves a file is normally like this.

1.  Save current file to hard disk.
2. Change the File Allocation pointer to the location of the freshly saved file.

Now the location that the old file was at is able to be used again. If nothing is written to the hard drive, you can use discovery tools to find these files and recover them. As long as nothing has been written to the drive to erase this data.

2,in that time I am Not set :In the Tools > Options > Load/Save > you can check the "Always create backup copy" now I set it. I want know where find this copy? maybe windows will do ....

I just tried it and the backup was created in (Linux)
    /home/rlaing/.openoffice.org/3/user/backup
When I saved a file, the backup (old file) was put in this directory. I have just tested and found that the temp backup is written to the backup directory during autosave.

3,now when I open this file:C:\Users\LiXiaohuiVista\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice.org\3\user\backup I find some files, there are 5 files. but in two secend one lost I saw....then there are 4 files. in that time I open the openoffice and edite one file.in the same time I on the internet... what file lost from backup when I open this file that name is backup? that losted file name I not saw. Hackers took control of my computer? they del that file when I open the file name backup? [EMAIL PROTECTED]@!

Not familiar with Windows so I cannot comment on Windows operation that well. But on Linux, the backup and temp files seem to be in the backup directory. If you are hacked or have a virus, then that is beyond the scope of this list. Things in this directory are controlled by OOo and you will have to see what you are doing with OOo when files change and are saved.

4,I use Microsoft Word 2003 to repair the document (because of damage to the power failure),yes,I opened it, but only 70%,other losted. all thing show losted words had losted for ever?

Yes, they are lost. When you lose a file, you can only recover what you have in a file. If you can recover the file, then great. This is why the rule of save and save often is commonly mentioned to those that use computers.

FWIW, my daughter who follows this rule, lost all the files related to her work on an iMac network at school when her Pages crashed. She even lost her saved files.

The school is planning on putting OOo on their computers. She has been using our XO for school work because it is more reliable than the brand new iMacs that they have. And some times faster.

--
Robin Laing