David Offill wrote:
> My company's proprietary medical practice management software
> currently uses the legacy version OO 1.1.5 for all document usage,
> with excellent success.
>
> I have been tasked to look at the current production release (3.0?) to
> see if there would be any issues with upgrading our system to make use
> of this version.
>
> Questions:
>
> Is 3.0 the appropriate version to consider?
>
> Any tricks to installing it  as a parallel version on my Windows XP
> sp2, so it it doesn't overwrite my copy of 1.1.5?

V 3.0 is the current version, though I believe an update is due out
shortly.  You can have both 1.x and 3.x on the same computer.  You'll
just have to decide which one you want to be the default for the old 1.x
format files.  I haven't installed v 3 over 1.1.5, but I have over 2.x.
When doing that, you're asked if you want to remove the old version or not.