On Monday 19 October 2009 21:18:37 Harold Fuchs wrote:
> jomali wrote:
<<<SNIPPED>>>
> > steven.kopisc...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
<<<SNIPPED>>>
> Hmm. I can get drag & drop to work on a selection of cells but not
>  on a selection of *rows* or *columns*. If I drag while a *column*
>  or *row* is selected, the selection just gets bigger or smaller -
>  rows/columns are added or removed from the selection depending on
>  the direction of the drag. What am I missing here?

Harold,

If you click on a column "header" or a row "header" [namely the "A",
"B", "C" etc for a column and 1, 2, 3 for the rows] to select the
whole column [or row], click and hold the mouse over the selected
cells in the column [or row] - which would, in this case, be all the
cells in the column/row - then, you can drag the column/row.

Is this what you were wanting to do, or have I missed the point
entirely ?  In the latter case, my apologies.

--
Pradeep Srinivas
on 20 Oct 2009, Tuesday, IST (which is GMT +05:30)

-- Khalil Gibran, Lebanese American artist, poet; 1883-1931
   born Gibrān Khalīl Gibrān bin Mikhā'īl bin Sa'ad