Hi Mark

Mark Herring schrieb:
See issue #50635  (just now updated)

The bottom line is that outline numbering is really messed up. It works OK if you know to always use tools-->outline numbering. But, heaven help you if you get near format-->bullets and numbering, or the numbering control button in the toolbar. This is by far the most serious flaw I have seen in 1.9.104---and--in some form--it has been an issue in OOo ever since I first tried it.

Anyone out there know if the developers plan to fix this??

take a look at http://specs.openoffice.org/writer/numbering/NumberingBullet2.sxw.
There is a cws, but it's target is ooLater.
Peter