On 11/01/2010 10:41, Hazel Howard wrote:
I have Open Office 3.1 installed.

When I try to open my Open Office documents I get the following pop-up:

"The requested operation needs elevation"

I don't know what this means.

Please help me.

Thank you.

Hazel Howard (Mrs)
Hi Hazel

I have never seen this error message. I think, however we need a little more information.

What operating system are you using (Windows - XP, Vista or 7, Linux - which one, or Apple - which one)

Was your OpenOffice program downloaded from www.openoffice.org?

When did you last restart your system?

How did you attempt to open this file? Did you double-click the file you wanted to open in a file manager, or run the OOo program and the do >File >Open. Please report what you did before the error message appeared. Which ever option you tried (double click or file open) can you try the other and tell us of any other messages.

Thanks

Rob