Hi Julie --

Being a fellow mac user (also using 10.4), I will tell you that I deleted MS-Office from my hard drive in January and have not missed it!

I am using NeoOffice/j (http://www.neooffice.org/) and have not come across any documents I could not open and every document I have saved and sent to a MS office user has worked flawlessly -- I only use the spreadsheet and word processor to exchange documents, so I can not tell you that the presentation package works as well as the others.

I don't think that you will have any problems with the download or install, but feel free to drop me a note if you run into any problems.

Andy
Spitfire Computer Services
441 Beaver Street
Suite 202