M Henri Day wrote:
> 2010/2/12 Tom Bell <cbel...@cfl.rr.com>
>

>> M Henri Day wrote:
>>
>>> *Grâce à* Jean-Baptiste, I've now installed OOo 3.2 on my 64-bit Ubuntu
>>> Karmic setup and uninstalled OOo 3.1 via the Synaptic package manager.
>>> However, when I click a document in my Document folder, it still opens by
>>> default in 3.1.0 ! I've looked in the help files - perhaps too cursorily
>>>
>> -
>>
>>> but not found any relevant information there. Any suggestions ?...
>>>
>>> Henri
>>>

>> Select a .odt document and right-click on it.
>> Click on properties.
>> Click on the handy wrench icon on the right in the "general" tab.
>> Then set OOo 3.2 as the first at the top of the list.
>> Or, "Add" it to the list and move it to the top.
>> That should make all .odt files open in 3.2.
>> Click on "OK", etc.
>>

>> Tom
>>

> Tom, thanks for your speedy reply ! What OS are you running - the setup I
> describe above handles these document files in a fashion that is just
> dissimilar enough to render it impossible to apply your instructions - in
> particular, I find myself unable add OOo 3.2 or Writer to the list of
> programmes in which to open an .odt file....
>
> Henri

Henri, I am running Kubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10 AMD64, so the
method I showed should be the same.  What program do you use
to view directories/files, Dolphin, Konqueror, ...?
I don't understand why the file association is not showing.  You may
have to go to a CLI (console) and start the file manager of your
choice at administrator using Kdesudo.
Good luck!

Tom

--
 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  -- Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal), Roman
Poet, late 1st, early 2nd century AD