On 2010/02/26 6:57 PM  Harold Fuchs wrote:
Clay Bobisud wrote:
Hello,

A while back, I downloaded and installed open office 3.1 on my macbook running OSX 10.5.1. When it asked me to register I said I would register later. All was well. Then today when I opened it, it reminded me about registering. I decided to be a nice guy and register this time. But instead of sending me to some registration process, it stopped working completely. If I try to open an existing document, it displays the swirling color wheel for a couple of minutes, then fails with an error code of -1712. Is there any way around this?

Thanks,

Clay Bobisud

I'm not a Mac user but if the same thing happened on my Windows system I'd uninstall the software and re-install it saying "never register" during the re-installation process. Sometimes the price for being a nice guy is too high ...

Resetting the user's profile should solve the problem. For instructions see
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426#p58403

--
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada