Harold Fuchs wrote:
> In Writer (3.1.1 currently), how can I bracket two or more list-items
> together with a large curly brace placed at the *right* of the longest item?
> Thus:
>
> List item 1                )
> List Item Number 2         ) This text refers to all three items
> This is list item number 3 )
>
> The three right braces above should really be "combined into" a single large
> curly bracket vertically centred on item #2. The intention, as I've
> indicated, is to have additional text after the bracket, on the same line as
> item #2, which refers to all three items.

If you go to Insert -> Object -> Formula
and enter the following into the box at the bottom:

left lbrace { stack{ alignl List item 1 #  alignl List item Number 2 #
alignl This is list item number 3 } } right rbrace This text refers %to
all three items.

as one continuous line.  It is the closest I have been able to come
to what I think you are asking for.
See:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Reference/Math_commands
for further help.

Tom

--
"PC, "Where would you like to go today?" ...
Mac, "Where would you like to be tomorrow?" ...