On 3 June 2010 02:20, Barbara Duprey <b...@onr.com> wrote:
> Try this:
>
>   * Click in the textbox.
>   * Ctrl-A to select all text.
>   * On the formatting toolbar, click the bullet list icon.

This may be the problem. On the Formatting toolbar, there is neither a
Bullet List icon nor can one be added from the Visible Icons list.
This is OOo Impress 3.2 based on go-oo from Ubuntu, so something may
have been changed from upstream.

>   * The text should now be simple text, not considered a bulleted list
>     at all.
>
> I've attached a modified file so you can see what I see (I'm pretty sure the
> list will accept a .odp attachment). The text is still identified as being
> in Outline 1 style, Impress doesn't seem to have anything like the Writer
> Default paragraph style. And by default, each of the former list items is a
> single paragraph, but you can break them apart. At this point, you can deal
> with any of the pieces as you choose. Does this meet your needs? I can't see
> how to create a new style, but then I very seldom use Impress so I could
> easily be missing something.

This does meet my needs in a work-around type of way, but my intention
is to actually learn to use the thing!

> Ah, I see what you mean! Using my modified file, I tried to add a bulleted
> list below the text in the first of the old bullets, and tried to apply a
> different outline style to that list. I didn't get bullets, and the style
> reverted to Outline 1 -- though the new list was indented from the old item
> text. Definitely has a mind of its own, doesn't it!

I wouldn't say that it has a mind of it's own, rather, that it is
immature software.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il