On 07/03/2010 09:59 PM, In-Betweener wrote:
Suppose I type

x+y

into an equation. It will be rendered like this:

x + y

what if I want to keep the expression rendered with no spaces around "+"? e.g.:

x+y

The example is very simple, but I stumble on the same problem at several other situations. Examples:

x bar Ry

I don't want the space between "x" and the "barred R", but OOo Math always puts that there.

xT^'b

OOo Math puts a (unwanted) space before the "b".

With MS Equation (and MathType) I used a zero-width space to join what usually was rendered automatically separated by a space. So far, I didn't find a similar feature in OOo Math.

Does it exist?

Please look at the attachment.

I poked around a bit.... I can certainly change the spacing on the entire formula (not what is desired)...

I thought that it was possible to create your own special symbols. I did not see how to do it when I took a quick look. If this is possible, then you may be able to create a special symbol that inserts a "+" that is then not treated as an operator. Sorry, no more time to consider this tonight!

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm