On 13/09/2010 17:25, James Wilde wrote:
[cut]

Thanks, Peter.  The second one was already on.  I have now turned on
the first, and coloured page breaks red, as you suggest, and now I
see a very thin red line where I have a page break in the adjusted
document.  However, when I go back to the original, which still has
the false page breaks, I see no red colour there.

Very odd. Could it be that they are section breaks (that I colour light-green) rather than line breaks? If not, I would be more than happy to take a look at an extracted sample if it would help.

Peter HB