You posted to the right group for assistance with installing.

First off, there is a .pdf file (same place where you found setup.exe)
which has installation details which may be worth a read.

It sounds like you have a CD-ROM driver, therefore you cannot install
into the drive that the CD belongs to (I'm assuming that this is "D"
drive).

You need to extract the files from the file that is on the CD into a
temporary file. Open that set of files, then re-run the setup.exe....

If you read the .pdf you'll find that this makes more sense.

HTH,  /paul