Hi,

What (if anything) can I do to cause a spreadsheet to display date-formatted
cells in one format, yet accept data entry in another?

In my old copy of Star Office I can set up a column to display dates as "MMM
DD, YYYY", yet successfully enter date values as YYYY/MM/DD.

Fired up OO for the very first time this morning, and it appears as though the
only date formats which Calc understands are ones which either matche the
column format exactly, or are MM/DD/YYYY.  I'm a stubborn old fart, and having
to re-teach my fingers how to rattle off a date value on the number pad in a
different format isn't a pleasing option.

TIA,

-d.