I am using OpenOffice version 109 on an NT box.  I have a 6 MB file with
images in it and it takes forever (1.5 minutes) to open, save, etc.  I'm
asking if anyone knows if there is some way to speed up this process.

More Background:  I am saving the document as a .doc and the images
were cut and pasted over from Microsoft Paint (all were screenshots).
I'm wondering if the extra time has to do with their origins since when
I looked at the task manager after saving the file, I noticed that there
was an instance of the MSPaint.exe under the processes tab for each
image in the document.  Each time the document is saved it seems to
start an instance of MSPaint.exe (although it only shows up in the task
manager).  Also, these multiple instances don't go away until you close
OpenOffice entirely.    Of course I have no idea if this is the reason
things are going so slow, I just thought this info might help.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,
Robert