Hi Christian,

Christian de Larrinaga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am Fri, 26 Aug 2005
10:48:37 +0100:

> I have a curious issue that looks like a bug with VLOOKUP.
>
> I have a spreadsheet that is a multi column list of expense items.
> In a support sheet I have a small two column table of currency and
> conversion rates.
>
> I am using VLOOKUP to determine the currency code in the first
> worksheetfor the expense item and return the appropriate conversion
> rate in a supporting worksheet to the first worksheet to use this to
> bring all expenses in the first sheet into the same accounting
> currency.
>
> The formula works 100% in Excel. But in Open Office it returns only
> two currency conversions correctly. Applied to a third currency
> onwards in the supporting worksheet it provides a N/A back to the
> first sheet.
>
> The VLOOKUP Formula in the first sheet is
> =IF($G44="";"";$H44/VLOOKUP($G44;$'currency rates'.$A$2:$B$5;2))
>
> where $Gxx is the Currency code, Hxx the amount in that currency,
> 'currency rates' the name of the worksheet containing the list of
> currency rates and $A$2:$B$5;2 the range in the currency rate
> worksheet to find the correct rate for that currency.
>
> I am using Openoffice.org 2.0-pre build 1.9.79.2.3 Novell Edition.

sorry, I really can't help you with your problem. But I guess, you
should try a more recent version of OOo. The actual version is 1.9.125.
As far as I know, SuSE/Novell has modified the version, that they
deliver with their Linux, so it's possible, that there are bugs, which
aren't in the original version.

I also know, that SuSE offers a update for this OOo, based on our
1.9.113, have you installed this update already?

Sigrid