I've been looking over the documentation that is out there and have had
difficulty finding how to password protect my documents using the beta
version of OpenOffice (I have version 109 on an NT box).  One of the
solutions I found was being able to check the "Save with Password" box
when attempting the "Save-as" option, but it is grayed out.  I have
toyed around with the other security routes but I'm having difficulty,
and can't seem to get it to work the way I want.

I need to be able to lock files at three different levels:
- protect file from being opened by the wrong person
- protect files as read-only so that users can open a file if they wish
to view it, but may not edit it
- protect file from being opened then protect it from being edited
(essentially make it so that only some people can open the file as
read-only, and the rest can't open it)

I need to know how to do each of these seamlessly so that we can
replace Microsoft completely (its protection and all).  This is urgent,
so any help that can be given will be greatly appreciated.  Unless I
figure this out very soon my company is going to drop the project
entirely, due to the high security risk of using the two softwares
together and OpenOffice being able to crack Microsoft Read-only
passwords.  Thank you,

Robert