I credit this find to Jean Hollis-Weber on Doc-Dev list. I'm posting it here only because I have yet to see it on this much more widely read list.

Please visit the following url and sign the petition to "ask Microsoft to support the OpenDocument format in MS Office.

Microsoft has said that they will support the OpenDocument format if there is customer demand. The purpose of the petition is to demonstrate that customer demand." (The quoted section is directly from the webpage.)

http://opendocumentfellowship.org/Main/HomePage

--
Doug