I have installed and uninstalled OpenOffice 2.0.2 twice and believe that the
presence of 2.0.2 in the computer but not opened interferes with Microsoft
Outlook Express. Only when OOo 2.0.2 is installed Outlook Express about every
six to twelve hours shuts down with the message "Outlook Express has
encountered a problem and needs to close......" The operating system is XP
Professional, 1GB of RAM, Outlook Express 6.0. I downloaded and installed
Microsoft KB900930 but this did not alter the operational problem. Release OOo
1.1.5 does not have this problem.

Mahlon D. Burkhard
157 Stephen Lane
Charles Town, WV 25414