Hello,
I am trying to use OpenOffice Base as a report generator for a Sybase ASE 12.5
Database Server.

I created an an JDBC connection through JConnect 6 with the database driver
com.sysbase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybDriver
That worked fine.

System:
Linux 2.6
OpenOffice 2.0.2
JConnect 6
ASE 12.5.2

But when I try to acces a so I try to execute the SQL command "select * from
storedb.dbo.product". I get the following error:

SQL-Status: 42000
Fehler-Code: 208

"storedb"."dbo"."product" not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to
check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).

This query works in a normal sql shell.

When I am using the normal report generator I get this error:

com.sun.star.sdbc.SQLException: "storedb"."dbo"."product" not found. Specify
owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may
produce lots of output).

        at com.sun.star.bridges.jni_uno.JNI_proxy.dispatch_call(Native Method)
        at com.sun.star.bridges.jni_uno.JNI_proxy.invoke(JNI_proxy.java:183)
        at $Proxy50.executeWithCompletion(Unknown Source)
        [...]

I already searched in the mailing archives and in the faq.

When I use "select * from dbo.products" or "select * from products" it works.
OpenOffice automaticly changes my queries. Can I disable this?
It could also be possible, that the quoting is the problem. Can I disable the
quoting?
Perhaps there is a problem with the charset, I don't know.

Then I have some further questions, perhaps someone can post some links:

- If the report works, how can I use this report and export it every night at 2
o'clock to a pdf format with different parameters?

- How can I insert some pictures in the report which hypertextpath (for example
http://www.example.com/mypicture.jpg) is saved as an database field?

Greetings and thanks for your help
    Manuel
--
HybridWorx - Puxbaumer & Blechschmidt GbR
Manuel Blechschmidt