How do I change my files from NeoOffice ,which is a commercial version of OO.oo1 to OO.oo2? As simply as possible please.

I spent the best part of a day transferring files one at a time , then I screwed up and lost all the changes. Now I must do it again because I want to clear Neo Office out and leave just the OO.oo2. Is there a way to change all the files over in a simple quick manner?
I would like to change the file endings from  .sxw NeoOffice to   .odt   OO.oo2
My machine is  a Mac G5 using panther.

I will be back to ask about deleting  Neo Office later.

Thanks