From: Harold Fuchs
Date: 6/13/2007 10:26:02 AM
To: users@openoffice.org
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: SAVE FINISHED PROJECTS IN OPENOFFICE PROGRAM

Don Elison wrote:
> *Hi - maybe I can already do this but haven't found out how yet.*
> **
> *Is it possible to save finished projects in the OpenOffice program like
> MS Word does or maybe this is something that is down the pike a ways?*
> *Thanks*
> **
> *Don*
>

> Free Animations for your email - By IncrediMail! Click Here!
> <http://www.incredimail.com/index.asp?id=101218>
I'm not sure what you mean because the obvious answer is "yes, of
course" and it's so obvious that I feel I must be answering the wrong
question.

Click File then Save As; give the document a name and choose whether you
want to save in OpenOffice format or Microsoft Office format. Make sure
the little box labelled "Automatic filename extension" is checked.

If you e-mail OpenOffice format documents to friends, colleagues etc.
then they will *not* be able to open them unless they are running
OpenOffice as well. OpenOffice can read and write in Microsoft format
but Microsoft Office can't read or write OpenOffice format; Bill Gates
is working on it.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England