On 06/08/07, Massimo Lombardo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i'have this problem:
> when i install open office in my  Pc with W98 Se, every time i start the
> PC,
> open office ask me to compile the registration form, as the PC "dont'
> remeber" the previous operation.
>
> Max

Try this.

Shut down OpenOffice *and* the Quickstarter (that's important).

Navigate to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application
Data\OpenOffice.org2\user\registry\data\org\openoffice

where "<username>" is your Windows logon user name.

In that folder is a file name "Setup.xcu".

Rename this file to something that does *not* end with ".xcu", for
example "Setup_xcu.old".

Start OpenOffice. You might be faced with the registration question. If
so, click "already registered". Shut down OpenOffice.

Now you should be in good shape; the registration question should not
happen again.

You may now delete the file you renamed above; a new Setup.xcu will have
been created - leave it as is.

Note. The above procedure was copy/pasted from the answer to the same
question from another user. I'm not sure if the *exact* path is correct for
Win 98 (and I have no way to find out).  The "setup.xcu" file is what's
important so, if the exact path is wrong, just try to find setup.xcu and
then go from there.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England