Bruce Roorda wrote:
I'm sorry, I don't agree.

bg wrote:

It's real simple, folks: forget all the other kinds of email venues - in
a listserv environment, with multiposter threads, the only
logical way to read these connected messages is IN THE ORDER THEY
WERE WRITTEN! Backwards, chronologically, doesn't cut it.

> I'm sorry, I don't agree.

I think this says it best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting

Follow the link to RFC 1855.

Top posting is a Microsoft plan to upset the balance of the universe. Oh well those are my words. :)

If a message is top posted, I normally miss the response when I am scanning messages in mail lists.

My mailer is configured to move me to the bottom of the message when I reply. I am english based and I find that top posting means I have to read up from the bottom. Not the way I read. This is a real pain if the message is big and I have to read up then down and again then up to get the important parts.

For those that scan or read many different subjects, top posting slows the productivity down. At least for me.

--
Robin Laing