On 02/28/2012 07:14 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
On 02/28/2012 03:28 PM, Deepak C Shetty wrote:
On 02/28/2012 06:49 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
On 02/28/2012 12:35 PM, Deepak C Shetty wrote:
Hi,
I have a DC which is FC based and i already have a virtual disk and
booting VM off it.
When i try to take a snapshot of this, it gives me a msg on OE side
..something like..

Error:

vm-backed-by-fc-storage:

* Cannot ${action} ${type}. Same action in progress.

this is a text bug that the action/type weren't replaced by the real
text.
is this in UI or API?

In the UI, on the web browser interface.

From OE log.. this is what i found relevant...

2012-02-28 21:18:08,990 INFO
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.CreateAllSnapshotsFromVmCommand]
(http--0.0.0.0-8080-1) Failed to Acquire Lock to object EngineLock
[exclusiveLocks= key:
org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.CreateAllSnapshotsFromVmCommand value:
99df0240-928b-47eb-a944-7c44ce7e9ece
, sharedLocks= ]

How can i proceed from here ?

sounds like expected behavior to me? you can't take a snapshot while
VM is running until live snapshot are implemented?
or am i missing something?

I know that, but in this case VM status is down. There are no VMs running.
I tried this twice, and i see the same issue both the times. In fact
ps -ef| grep qemu also shows nothing (on the host), meaning no VMs running.

then sounds like a newly introduced bug/regression in engine side.
please open a bug

Okay, not sure if it helps, but the same worked when i tried with localfs storage
(meaning host being part of local dc using host local storage)

Only when i try with fc storage, the snapshot fails. How is this specific to fc storage ?