On 24/02/2013 12:16, Joop wrote:
Joop wrote:
ma...@moscow.ctm.ru wrote:
Hi all!
I trying to install FreeBSD 8.3 as a guest on Ovirt 3.1, but install
crashes with "Fatal trap 12: page fault in kernel mode". Host -
CentOS6.3, packages:
I'm on oVirt-3.2 stable using F18 and packages from oVirt.
I just installed ZFSGuru-0.2-beta8-amd64-normal from zfsguru.com. Gave
the VM 2G of memory and 5G of thin provisioned disk space, started
from the iso and installed to the ide disk with no problems.
Difference might be that I'm on 3.2 and that zfsguru is using
freebsd-9.0Rc3.
OK, I have problems too but only when I have more than 1 vcpu. Disabling
ACPI in freebsd doesn't help much instead of crashing right away it
crashes after a couple of modules. One core, two sockets or two cores in
one socket doesn't make a difference.
An update to freebsd-9.1 didn't help either.
I can live with one cpu for testing ;-)

anything but single core/single socket requires acpi iirc