Hi

We 've a seperate test and aducation lab and connection is very
intermittent. I use reposync command to create a local copy of
repositories. When sync done, "createrepo" command prepare a repodata
directory. After first sync, a cron job can sync continuously daily basis.
I believe this is the most easy way to having a local repo.

If you need a complete guide for this, you may look at "Red Hat
Virtualization 4.2 installation guide" page 18.