From: users-boun...@ovirt.org <users-boun...@ovirt.org> On Behalf Of Liran
Rotenberg
Sent: Sunday, August 1, 2021 3:01 PM
To: tommy <sz_cui...@163.com>
Cc: users@ovirt.org
Subject: [ovirt-users] Re: Question about cloud-init

On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 7:09 AM tommy <sz_cui...@163.com> wrote:

> Hello, I have a question about cloud-init:
>
> After installing vm, I installed cloud-init immediately, and enabled its four
> services, and then I can use cloud-init in the admin interface.
>

> However, I don't know how cloud-init knows where to get the relevant
> information (such as host name, SSH secret key, etc.) that I configured on
> the admin interface ?  For I haven't configured the data source for
> cloud-init.

Hi,
The relevant information comes as a payload to the VM, a CD-ROM containing the
data source.

> Why it can works ?

Cloud-init detects the data source and configures the OS.
Please note that once the VM booted, the only way to provide the cloud-init
payload is by using Run-Once.
For a VM that didn't boot, a regular run will work as well.

Regards,
Liran