On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 10:04 AM david <dd432...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hello
> i'm adding a new host into ovirt
> after the installation procces is finished I got an error: "VDSM kvm6 command
> ConnectStoragePoolVDS failed: Cannot find master domain".
> on the vdsm server in /dev/disk/by-path/ i see the block device but
> device-mapper not mappying it
> then I found the master's lun in the blacklist:
> /etc/multipath/conf.d/vdsm_blacklist.conf
> why vdsm host put the lun wwn in blacklist

When adding a host, we run:

    vdsm-tool config-lvm-filter

This command put the LUN in the blacklist since it seems to be a local
disk used by the host. Did you have active logical volumes from this LUN
mounted on the host while the host was added to engine?

After you fix the issue (see Vojta reply), please run again:

   vdsm-tool config-lvm-filter

The command may suggest to change the lvm filter, and blacklist the device.
Do not confirm and share the output.

Nir