> "Hesham G." <heshamgne...@gmail.com> hat am 17. März 2016 um 11:20
> geschrieben:
>

> Andreas,
>
> That is very helpful.
>
> I can get the x location of each character using TextPosition.getX(), ex:
> W: 102.88399
> i: 114.18165
> t: 117.660614
> h: 121.55801
> d: 133.09477
> u: 140.3994
> e: 147.60838
>
> So to detect the space between the 2 words "With" & "due" should I make
> subtraction calculations between X of the last letter(h) and the X of the
> first letter (d) and if the number is large than normal then this is a
> space? I think this way might be risky in the detection, or what?
That's the short story. To decide what is normal could be quite tricky. You have
to take the following facts into account:

- different fonts have different widths (important if the font before the space
isn't the same than the font after the space)
- keep in mind that you have to take a scaling and sometimes a rotation into
account
- the "space" between characters may vary if the text is jusitified

There are certainly some other details which may be important as well, so that
you end up with some more or less heuristic.

BR
Andreas