McDonald, Dan wrote:
On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 11:15 -0500, Rich Dygert wrote:
Folks

I am the postmaster for @compuserve.com and @csi.com (the "i" is important, @cs.com is someone else).

A couple months ago my email traffic doubled (from 1 million a day to 2 million a day). After some investigation I found that a spammer was sending from [EMAIL PROTECTED] and I was getting the back splatter. I cancelled the [EMAIL PROTECTED] account and thought the spammer would soon stop. Turns out I was wrong, the spammer is still at it.

Sure, since they are forging the address anyway...

I just received several hundred attempts to return email from @walmart.com.

To make a long story short, please feel free to block [EMAIL PROTECTED] You can verify that the address is invalid first if you wish.

Is there a better way to handle something like this?

SPF or domainkeys.  Then Walmart would know that the message being sent
was forged.

or tempfail this mail, so that Walmart are encouraged to implement recipient validation....