I did use COM.

"Niels Beekman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

10/25/2005 04:19 PM

Jon Christensen/National/Hewitt [EMAIL PROTECTED] Associates NA
cc

Subject
RE: DB2 and Tomcat 5.5 Issue

Classnames are case sensitive, did you type 'COM' instead of 'com'?

Niels

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Christensen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: dinsdag 25 oktober 2005 20:01
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: DB2 and Tomcat 5.5 Issue

Has anyone been able to connect to a DB2 8.1 datasource using Tomcat
5.5?
 I have been trying for a few days now and can only get one error
message:

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC
driver
of class 'COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver' for connect URL
'jdbc:DB2:bfstst'         at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSo
urc-e.java:780)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSourc
e.j-ava:540)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver  at
java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(DriverManager.java:243)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSo
urc-e.java:773)

        ... 23 more

I've got the db2java.jar (renamed from db2java.zip) in
tomcat_home\common\lib and also in my web apps's lib directory.

We are trying to switch from using WSAD 5.x to using Eclipse and Tomcat
5.5 running under XP but this has been holding me up for quite some
time now.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents
may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if
this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately
alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including
any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the
contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited.