I will have a load balancer in front of my webservers. A fault tolerant system
is not yet requested, so at the moment I do not care about session replication.
We expect a number of 50000 users of the system in total, as concurrent
connections we expect in the worst case a maximum of 5000.
The pages as I already said are mainly static but with a few dynamic ones (i.e.
jsp-pages) inbetween. These pages are grouped into modules, whereby the size of
each module may vary between 10-50 MB of static data. All modules together are
currently 4-5GB in size but are expected to grow in the future.
Via the upload/remove form I need it mhas to be possible to remove single
modules and to upload new modules. I do not need to exchange single files yet.

Bjoern