Setting a classpath will not work as tomcat doesn't use it. At least that is what I have read and experienced. putting you stuff in the CLASSPATH tomcat uses is a more likely scenario.
On my system I can only find it in one place:
/usr/local/server/webapps/manager/WEB-INF/lib/commons-fileupload-1.0.jar

Do you have the manager app installed?

Mir Kasim Ali wrote:
I am getting following error

Generated servlet error:
Only a type can be imported.
org.apache.commons.fileupload.DiskFileUpload resolves to a package

Generated servlet error:
Only a type can be imported. org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileItem
resolves to a package

An error occurred at line: 12 in the jsp file: /ProcessFileUpload.jsp
Generated servlet error:
DiskFileUpload cannot be resolved to a type

An error occurred at line: 12 in the jsp file: /ProcessFileUpload.jsp
Generated servlet error:
DiskFileUpload cannot be resolved to a type

An error occurred at line: 12 in the jsp file: /ProcessFileUpload.jsp
Generated servlet error:
FileItem cannot be resolved to a type

An error occurred at line: 12 in the jsp file: /ProcessFileUpload.jsp
Generated servlet error:
FileItem cannot be resolved to a type
WHEN I AM COMPILING THE A JSP FILE(REQESTING THE JSP FILE THROUGH BROWSER)
IN JSP I IMPORTED FOLLOWINGS
<%@ page import="org.apache.commons.fileupload.DiskFileUpload"%>
<%@ page import="org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileItem"%>
<%@ page import="java.util.List"%>
<%@ page import="java.util.Iterator"%>
<%@ page import="java.io.File"%>

sO PLEASE HELP ME TO GET IT WORK.IS THIS ERROR IS DUE TO
CLASS PATH.IF YES THEN PLS SUGGEST ME WHAT PATH I SET FOR IT

--
Mike Sabroff
Web Services