John D'Emic wrote:
> Hey all,

Hi,

> I have a custom Manager class I'm trying to use for a single webapp.  It
> seems the way to do this is to have a context.xml file in the exploded
> webapp's META-INF directory.  I have the following:

Well, META-INF/context.xml is the right place, but for a .war file that
you deploy. Tomcat will extract this xml and copy it to
\conf\Catalina\localhost\<your-context-name>.xml
Not sure if it works for deployment of true exploded .wars.

So please check that this file actually contains your
META-INF/context.xml content and not just a plain empty <context>
element because you once deployed your webapp beforehand.

To my experience, if META-INF/context.xml changes seem to have no
effect, it is usually because the \conf\Catalina\localhost\ deployment
descriptor is still unchanged.
Unfortunately I'm not sure how Tomcat decides when to update that file
and when not (not even sure if something is bogus there), and if it
makes a difference whether you have an exploded dir vs. .war file, how
timestamps influence it, etc.

If that didn't help, try to config the context directly in your
server.xml just to be sure.

Cheers
Michael