I don't understand.  How does that help a valve running know that it is
shutting down?  At that point it would be too late.

On 8/24/18, 11:06 AM, "Mark Thomas" <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

    On 24/08/18 16:52, Campbell, Lance wrote:
    > Tomcat 9
    > Use Case 1:  I want to store the last N number of URLs sent to Tomcat 9
application.  Then if Tomcat shuts down I want to write out these last N number
of URLs to the log file.

    > Strategy:
    > I figured I would use a valve to keep track of the last N number of URLs.
 However I don’t know how to tell when the valve is shutting down.

    > Does anyone have any suggestions?

    tail -n 9 ${CATALINA_BASE}/logs/localhost_access_log.yyyy-mm-dd.txt

    Mark