Pid wrote:
>> After upgrading a two-node failover cluster with RHEL4 from U3 to U4, we
>> have suddenly started experiencing big issues with Tomcat. The service
>> either crashes suddenly with error 6 or 11, or immediately with a
>> NoClassDefFoundError:
>
>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/digester/Digester
>
> At a guess, the org.apache.commons.digester.Digester class can't be
> found</dry>

OK, I just solved the NoClassDefFoundError-related issue (I had to
redeploy the Tomcat RPMs with --replacepkgs)

The problems with error 6 and error 11 still persist, though. I have a
wrapper script that checks the process every minute and restarts it if
the error situation arises, but this is a brutal hack. :/

Thanks for your feedback.

.../Bosse